John Craig Sutton
Sex: MAKA: John C. Walsh 8147
Birth: 29 May 1881 - Annandale, Clinton Township, Hunterdon County, New Jersey 8147 Baptism: Death: 25 Jan 1939 - Trenton State Hospital, Trenton, Mercer County, New Jersey 7980,8148,8149 Burial: 29 Jan 1939 - Lebanon, Lebanon Township, Hunterdon County, New Jersey 563,7980,8150,8151 Cause of Death:
• He appeared on the census in 1885 in High Bridge, Hunterdon County, New Jersey.
• He appeared on the census on 25 Apr 1910 in Clinton Township, Hunterdon County, New Jersey. Elsie is noted as a widow and having had 6 children, all still living.
• He appeared on the census on 15 Jun 1915 in Clinton Township, Hunterdon County, New Jersey.
• He appeared on the census on 14 Jan 1920 in Lebanon Village, Clinton Township, Hunterdon County, New Jersey. noted as single
• He appeared on the census on 29 Apr 1930 in Oldwick, Tewksbury Township, Hunterdon County, New Jersey.
Father: Lambert Sutton Mother: Elmira (Elsie) Trimmer
Spouses and Children
1. *Bertha Lawabe Marriage: Abt 1921 - Hunterdon County, New Jersey
Birth date derived from death certificate. 1905 State Census give birth as May 1882.Death Notes:
Obituary (Easton Express)
John C. Sutton, 57 years old, of Califon, formerly for many years operator of the farm of his father, Lambert Sutton, near Annandale, which now a part of the New Jersey Reformatory for Boys, and who of late was a farmer at Califon, died yesterday in the State Hospital at Trenton, where he had been a patient for several months.
Surviving Mr. Sutton are his widow, Mrs. Bertha Sutton, and one sister, Mrs. Annie Fritts, of Lamington.
Obituary (Whitehouse Review)
Funeral services for John C. Sutton, 57 years old, were held Sunday in the Lebanon Reformed Church. The Rev. Benjamin F. White officated, assisted by Rev. Mr. Christie, of Lamington. Burial was in the family plot in Union Cemetery, adjoining the Methodist Church.
Mr.Sutton died Wednesday in the State Hospital, Trenton, where he had been a patient several years.
Surviving are his widow, Mrs. Bertha Lawshe Sutton, and three sisters, Mrs. Elmer Fritts, Lamington, Mrs. Edward Miller, Westfield, and Mrs. Winifred Lomerson, Lebanon.
Mr. Sutton was a son of the late Mr. and Mrs. Lambert Sutton. He was for many years a member of the Reformed Church.
buried in Union Cemetery.