Joseph B. Barnes
Birth: Abt 1822 - Ireland Baptism: Death: 18 Sep 1862 - Sharpsburg, Washington County, Maryland Burial: Cause of Death:
• He was naturalized Declaration of Intent on 27 Feb 1849 in New York City, New York.
• He appeared on the census on 22 Jul 1850 in Castleton, Staten Island, Richmond County, New York.
• He was naturalized Granted on 20 Sep 1852 in New York City, New York.
• He worked as an a carpenter in 1860.
• He appeared on the census on 19 Jun 1860 in Castleton, Staten Island, Richmond County, New York.
• Milit-Beg: 23 Aug 1862, Richmond County, New York. As a Private in Company K, 79th NY Infantry Regiment (under command of Lt. Col David Morrison), First Brigade (under command of Col Benjamin C. Crist), First Division (under command of Brig Gen Orlando B. Willcox), Ninth Army Corp (under command of Maj Gen Ambrose E. Burnside and Brig Gen Jacob D. Cox)
• Milit-End: 18 Sep 1862, Sharpsburg, Washington County, Maryland. Died at Battle of Antietam.
Father: Joseph Barnes Mother: Catherine
Spouses and Children
1. *Sarah Wright 91,92 Marriage: 17 Oct 1848 - Bethel Ship, John Wesley, New York City, New York Children: 1. John Barnes 2. William Henry Barnes 3. Joseph Robert Barnes 4. Thomas Edward Barnes 110 5. Sarah Jane Barnes 110,1032,1033
of wounds incurred at the Battle of Antietam on 17 Sep 1862