Birth: 15 Dec 1760 - Somerset County, New Jersey 4669 Baptism: Death: 12 Sep 1846 - Mount Washington, Hamilton County, Ohio 4669 Burial: Aft 12 Sep 1846 - Newtown, Hamilton County, Ohio 4669 Cause of Death:
• Stephen served in the military about 1776 in New Jersey: American Revolution.
• He appeared on the census in 1820 in Anderson Township, Hamilton County, Ohio.
• He appeared on the census in 1830 in Anderson Township, Hamilton County, Ohio.
• He signed a will on 1 Jun 1839 in Hamilton County, Ohio. Will names wife Deborah, GS Stephen Stewart (son of dau Elizabeth), GDs Hannah and Sarah Stewart (daughters of dau Elizabeth) and son/daughters: Tingley, John, Hannah Mears, Stephen, Nancy Anderson, Harvey and Harriet.
• He appeared on the census in 1840 in Anderson Township, Hamilton County, Ohio.
• He had an estate probated on 5 Oct 1846 in Hamilton County, Ohio. A Common Pleas action:
Plaintiffs: Tingley Sutton, Stephen J. Sutton, William E. Mears and Hannah Mears, his wife vs. Deborah Sutton, widow, Harvey Sutton, Harriet Sutton, Mary Todd and Todd, her husband, grandchildren; George K. Sutton, Adeline Sutton, Harriet Sutton, and Samuel Sutton, children and heir-in-law of John Sutton, deceased.
6 Apr 1847: Petition for partition filed.
30 Jun 1847: Partition ordered.
14 Jul 1847: Order of Partition issued.
29 Jul 1847: Return of Commissioners.
19 Nov 1847: Partition Confirmed.
Father: Benjamin Sutton 167 Mother: Mary Jennings Branch 167
Spouses and Children
Children: 1. Elizabeth Sutton 2. Stephen J. Sutton 4669 3. Harvey W. Sutton 4669 1. Hannah Wood 4669 Marriage: Bef 1808 Children: 1. Tingley Sutton 2. John Sutton 2. Deborah Justice 4669 Marriage: Abt 1813 - Columbia Township, Hamilton County, Ohio Children: 1. Hannah Ann Sutton 2. Mary Sutton 3. Nancy Sutton 4. Harriet A. Sutton 4669
buried in Clough Baptist Cemetery.