Thomas D. Sutton
Birth: 1 Dec 1892 - Waterloo, Byram Township, Sussex County, New Jersey 10068,10069,10070,10071 Baptism: Death: 30 Aug 1946 - Newton Memorial Hospital, Newton, Sussex County, New Jersey 1217,10070,10071 Burial: 3 Sep 1946 - Hope, Warren County, New Jersey 1217,10070,10071 Cause of Death:
• He worked as an a blacksmith in Jun 1915.
• He appeared on the census on 21 Jun 1915 in Independence Township, Warren County, New Jersey.
• Thomas served in the military on 20 Sep 1917-12 Jun 1919: U.S. Army. 303Rd Engrs, 78th Division (Horseshoer)
• He appeared on the census on 21 Jan 1920 in Hope Township, Warren County, New Jersey.
• He appeared on the census on 2 Apr 1930 in Main Street, Hope Township, Warren County, New Jersey.
• He worked as a garage mechanic in 1940.
• He appeared on the census on 17 Apr 1940 in Hope Township, Warren County, New Jersey.
Father: William Irvin Sutton 145,3369,3947 Mother: Mary E. Mooney 327
Spouses and Children
1. *Eva May Tims 5388 Marriage: 20 Sep 1917 - Hackettstown, Warren County, New Jersey 10072 Children: 1. Thomas Ronald Sutton 2. Isabelle Lutitia Sutton 5388 3. Marion K. Sutton
Thomas D. Sutton, 53, resident of Hope for the last 30 years, died early this morning in Newton Memorial Hospital. He had been ill for the last year and hospitalized for a week. He was a blacksmith by trade and a veteran of World War I.
Survivors are: his wife, Mrs. Eva Tims Sutton; two daughters, Mrs. Robert Ricker, of Wanaque; and Miss Mary Sutton, at home; a son, T. Ronald Sutton, Hope; three grandchildren; four sisters, Mrs. Oscar Benson, of Landing; Mrs. Arthur Fricke, of Stanhope; Mrs. Howard Oliver, of Andover; and Mrs. Harvey Scharrer, of Netcong; and four brothers, Ned, of Warwick, N.Y.; Leonard, of Ledgewood; Howard, of Stanhope; and Frank Sutton, of Dover.
Funeral services will be held Tuesday afternoon at 2 o'clock in Hiles funeral home, Great Meadows, with the Rev. Robert J. Lukens, pastor of Hope Methodist Church, officiating. Interment will be in Moravian cemetery, Hope.
buried in Moravian Cemetery.