Allen Amos Sutton
Birth: 22 Mar 1901 - Annandale, Clinton Township, Hunterdon County, New Jersey 6886 Baptism: Death: 5 Feb 1982 - Rahway, Union County, New Jersey 6887 Burial: Cause of Death:
• He appeared on the census on 29 Apr 1910 in Clinton Township, Hunterdon County, New Jersey.
• He appeared on the census on 24 Jan 1920 in Annandale, Clinton Township, Hunterdon County, New Jersey.
• He appeared on the census on 15 Apr 1930 in Filmore Street, Ward 5, Phillipsburg Town, Warren County, New Jersey.
• He had a residence in Jan 1967 in Phillipsburg, Warren County, New Jersey.
Father: Joseph Garner Sutton 720 Mother: Amy Hummer Anderson 720
Spouses and Children
1. *Elizabeth G. Osmun Marriage: 26 Nov 1925 - Phillipsburg, Warren County, New Jersey 5661 Children: 1. Jean Sutton 2. Beverly Sutton 3. Cora Sutton
Allen A. Sutton, 80, of 1551 Dill Ave., Linden, N.J., formerly of Phillipsburg, died Friday in Rahway Hospital, Rahway, N.J.
He retired from the Bell & Howell Co., Phillipsburg, where he worked as a machinist. Before that he worked for 14 years at the Ingersoll-Rand Co., Phillipsburg, and the Curtis-Wright Co., Paterson, N.J.
Born in Clinton Township, he wa a the son of the late Joseph and Amy Anderson Sutton.
Mr. Sutton formerly lived at 41 Glen Ave., Phillipsburg, for 50 years. He lived in Linden for three years.
His wife, Elizabeth G. Osmun, died in 1976.
Mr. Sutton was a member of the First Presbyterian Church of Linden, N.J.
He also was a member of Delaware Lodge 52 F&AM; the Tall Cedars of Lebanon Forest 14, and a contributing member of the Phillipsburg Emergency Squad.
He also was a member of the MORA club, the Golden Age Club, No. 2, of Easton, the National Council of Senior Citizens, The American Association of Retired Person, and the Leisure time Club of Phillipsburg.
Survivors include three daughters; Mrs. Jean Witton of Haledon, N.J.; Mrs. Beverly Faust of Linden; and Mrs. Cora Hummer of Phillipsburg; six grandchildren and 10 great-grandchildren; a brother, Frederick J. of Annandale
Funeral arrangements are being handled by the Finegan Funeral Home, Inc., Phillipsburg.